We all know that eating is a must for our body, but what if eating would do something to your brain as well as it does to your stomach? According to the World Health Organization, if you eat the right ingredients, you can boost your productivity by 20 percent. Therefore, let’s find out what ingredients or recipes are good for your brain, how they affect it and how often it is recommended to eat them.
Fruits and vegetables
- Blueberries: If you ask any nutritionist what fruit can help your brain the most, he will almost certainly tell you that blueberries get the job done. The reason why blueberries are in pole position every time is that they contain a combination of antioxidants that improve your memory and your motor coordination. Moreover, the neuroscientist James A. Joseph believes that the antioxidants in blueberries also act as anti-inflammatory agents, killing the oxidative stress in your brain. A piece of advice: if you want to eat blueberries, you should know that the darker they are, the more antioxidants they contain. This is the real secret. Now go buy some and boost your memory!
- Bananas: Maybe the sweetest but also healthiest fruit out there is a banana. Whether you drink it in a smoothie, or you eat it as it is, a banana is a real boost for your brain as well as it is for your entire body. Containing lots of minerals, antioxidants, and B-vitamins, bananas can be considered an important ally in finishing your hardest task of the day. Furthermore, researcher Leigh Gibson discovered that the bloodstream must include 25 g of glucose for the brain to work properly. A banana has this amount of glucose. Besides, this fruit also uplifts your mood and lowers your stress level, so what are you waiting for? Eat a banana.
- Eggplants: This vegetable keeps your brain active by improving the communication between our molecules and our brain cells. The most important thing to know is that you don’t have to rip the black skin off of the eggplant because the skin is the most nutritive part of this veggie.
Nuts and seeds
- Sunflower seeds: First of all, these seeds are not good only for a football match. As a matter of fact, seeds help you relax your mind after a bad day. They are filled with amino-acids that convert the serotonin in your brain. Just to let you know, serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for our feelings of happiness. So, next time you buy sunflower seeds, you should know that they also help your mental state, not only your sporting experience.
- Walnuts: Just like their distant relative that we talked about earlier, walnuts also contain a large amount of serotonin. This chemical boosts your mood even more if you eat walnuts.
- Roasted beef: You may not believe that steaks are recommended on a diet, but if you want to be productive, then some roasted meat can be your best choice. Beef is so nutritive, that if you eat only a couple of slices during lunch, you will almost instantly feel the energy running through your body. If you go to the gym, then you should try and eat some roasted meat before.
- Tuna: It is a known fact that fish is healthy, but tuna is maybe the best choice when it comes to eating fish. Containing almost 70% of your daily dose of vitamin B6, tuna can help you fight depression and will make you feel optimistic. It was also discovered that the vitamins and nutrients in tuna can prevent and treat
In conclusion, grabbing a snack can help you in many ways, but grabbing the correct snack can boost your productivity and determination in ways you didn’t even imagine.